Occupational Therapist- Community Services
PACT-Y - Community Based - Waltham
Salary Range: $68,000-$73,000
*****SIGN ON BONUS OF $2,000!! ($1,000 after 30 days; $1,000 after 90 days)*****
Wayside Youth & Family Support Network’s Waltham site is hiring an Occupational Therapist for an innovative, evidenced based model of treatment in Massachusetts, the Program for Assertive Community Treatment for Youth (PACT-Y). This program is a DMH funded, intensive, self-contained, community-based program, serving youth and their families. We are looking for individuals who are open to working a M-F with flexible scheduling including evenings. We provide a supportive culture that allows for a balance of personal responsibilities and professional development while contributing to the community.
What you will do:
- Provide assessments, treatment plan development, and direct intervention to any youth and families who are seeking OT support within their PACT-Y service.
- Work as part of a strong, collaborative, multidisciplinary team with the youth, young adults, caregivers, and providers to ensure close collaboration and coordination of care.
- Provide education and consultation support to clinical staff, the youth, and their families/caregivers.
- Provide consultation to team working with youth and families who are not yet ready to engage in OT.
- Work from a strength-based, resiliency model foundation to empower youth towards more independence and life satisfaction.
Competencies/Traits of Our Superstars:
- Strong clinical, observational, and writing skills.
- Multidisciplinary staff and other treatment providers working as part of a group.
- Ability to access safety in collaboration with team, to provide safety planning that incorporates effective OT interventions.
- Ability to work remotely, in the community, and in an office setting.
- Client care in client homes.
- Creativity to support program development to further integrate OT throughout our care.
- Experience in using clinical observations in assessment.
- Strong skills in psychoeducation and consultation. Ability to explain OT interventions to youth, families and other providers.
- Ability to empower staff with various training levels to utilize occupational therapy strategies.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy. Massachusetts licensure or are obtaining it prior to start date.
- Experience serving adolescents with significant mental health needs.
- Experience in working with individuals within a home setting or community setting.
- Experience working with diverse population of individuals.
- Valid driver’s license/access to reliable automobile.
We will train you in: Motivational Interviewing; Courageous Conversations; Attachment, Regulation and Competency Model (ARC); Trauma Informed Practice; Substance Use Intervention; Risk and Safety Assessment.
Wayside welcomes equity-minded applicants whose values align with our goal of being a child welfare and behavioral health agency committed to anti-racism, social justice, and advocacy. Successful candidates are asked to be engaged in Wayside’s dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Bilingual/bicultural and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to apply!