Community Services Programs
Wayside is looking for Occupational Therapists to work as part of a team in our care services and young adult services. The locations are Methuen/Arlington, Waltham, and Framingham. In Home Based Therapeutic Care, Young Adult Services and Program for Assertive Community Treatment for Youth have been recognized across the state for their hard work and dedication to families. These are a full-time position. Wayside is seeking creative, flexible, energetic individuals to provide occupational therapy services as part of our intensive Therapeutic Care focusing on working with teens and young adults, and their families. Must be committed to family centered practice.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000/year depending on experience. + $2,000.00 sign on bonus! ($1,000.00 after 30 days; $1,000.00 after 90 days)
At Wayside, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative, and equity- focused community that approaches client care as a matter of social justice. Wayside is one of Massachusetts’ most respected child and family serving agencies with program locations across Central, Eastern and Northeastern Massachusetts serving more than 6,000 children, young adults, and families each year.
Wayside thinks of our employees as whole people and invests in benefits to support employee wellness.
- Tuition, training & student loan reimbursement
- PTO Package: 3 Wellness Days (time off), 9 Paid Holidays, Up to 3 weeks of vacation (in your first year)
- A learning environment – free training institute with thought leaders, CEU trainings & program trainings, etc.
- Financial health supports
- Equity focused medical benefits
- Teamwork atmosphere Career development support – a great place to grow your career!!!
What You Will Do:
- Provide assessments, treatment plan development, and direct intervention to any young adult and families who are seeking OT support within their IHBTC service.
- Collaborate with the treatment teams to help set therapy goals and ensure these goals are being met.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team who provide their educational, professional and lived experience to support a young adult and their families through treatment plan intervention, safety planning and crisis intervention.
- Provide consultation for direct intervention that is focused on addressing the functional goals of the client.
- Provide education and consult support to clinical staff, the young adults, and their families/caregivers.
- Provide home strategies and recommendations to families as well as in home services if applicable.
Competencies/Traits of Our Superstars:
- Strong clinical, observational, and writing skills.
- Collaboration with mental health clinicians and other treatment providers working as part of a group or individually.
- Ability to access safety in collaboration with team, to provide safety planning that incorporates effective OT interventions.
- Ability to work remotely, in the community, and in an office setting.
- Direct client care in client homes.
- Creativity to support program development to further integrate OT throughout our care.
- Experience in using clinical observations in assessment.
- Strong skills in psychoeducation and consultation. Ability to explain OT interventions to young adults, families and other providers.
- Ability to empower staff with various training levels to utilize occupational therapy strategies.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy. Massachusetts OT licensure or are obtaining it prior to start date.
- Experience serving adolescents with significant mental health needs.
- Experience addressing functioning in the home setting or community setting.
- Experience working with diverse population of individuals.
Juliana Ferreira, BA
Wayside Youth & Family Support Network
1 Frederick Abbott Way, Framingham, MA 01701
O. (508) 270-1209
***To book an appointment with the DPC team: CLICK HERE
***To book an appointment for recruiting help: CLICK HERE