All are welcome to join (via zoom)
Zoom link will be sent on the morning of the event
The (MetroWest) Mental Health Special Interest Group
On Thursday April 29, 2021
From 6-7 pm
As we Discuss
Non-OT disciplines providing SBT (sensory based treatment) when/where there is no OT on staff or available
Please Register at MAOT (for CEUs)
Free to members, Non-members $10.00, Students $5.00
Membership in MAOT is an investment in yourself and our profession. We offer discounted continuing education, networking opportunities, advocacy, and a community of practitioners to help support and further your career! PLEASE JOIN TODAY!
Membership forms can be downloaded from the MAOT website.
Presentation will be led by SIG chairs Allyson Lewis, OT and Rosa Colorado, OT
1. to share and review who provides SBT to our various populations and treatment settings
2. to have a better understanding of what it means to provide SBT to our various populations and treatment settings
3. to share and review what is needed to provide SBT to our various populations and treatment settings
4. to have a better understanding of how to consult and provide education to other (non OT) staff providing SBT
5. to share and review any current research and EBP that is being done with respect to SBT and non-OT disciplines
6. to discuss the pros and cons of non-OT disciplines providing SBT
Sensory integration therapy, which was developed in the 1970s by an OT, A. Jean Ayres, is designed to help children with sensory-processing problems (including possibly those with ASDs) cope with the difficulties they have processing sensory input.
Presentation includes Introductions, Discussion and Announcements